Friday, January 30, 2009

Presentations and Recipe

All the final presentations were very interesting and exciting to see and listen to. Everyone seemed to enjoy their service learning as well as gain something from their volunteer experiences.

I really enjoyed the different demonstrations that were presented today. Interaction with the audience members was a good way to grab the audiences attention and a good way in which to show that they really can relate to these situations and are part of these issues throughout society. I learned a lot from all of the presentations and from all the different volunteer agencies. I was really intrigued by Jovanda's service learning and how it was a place within lower income housing. I liked the idea of that particular agency and how they went to those in need because often times those in need can't get to those agencies that can help them.

Another volunteer experience that grabbed my attention was Katy's in downtown Seattle. I am from north Seattle and in the past members from my church, my family, and I have made sandwiches over the holidays and gone downtown to pass them out. I had no idea that there were agencies that did the same thing. The number of meals that that specific site passes out a day is amazing.

I plan to continue my volunteering at Trinity Lutheran Church on Fridays through Spring, but I hope I will be able to have time to experience other shelters or food banks, especially one that supplies for an enormous amount of people, such as those in the heart of downtown Seattle.

The potluck was delicious! Some of you asked me to post the recipe of the cake batter cookies:

-1 box of confetti cake mix
-1 egg
-1 stick of butter
-1 tsp. of vanilla (optional)

bake at 350 degrees for 8-10mins. and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment