Monday, February 2, 2009

Overview

Overall, I enjoyed this class. I learned many new ideas and concepts that relate to our society. I had a lot of fun participating in service learning and it gave me a new perspective. I went in with the stereotypes that our society has drilled into us and came out with none of those assumptions and a new way of looking. The service learning gave us, or at least me, first hand experiences and with those experiences we were able to relate them to this class, especially in the end with the final group paper and presentation. I also liked how our class was a small size and even though I was hesitant at the beginning, we were able to have lots of discussions and interactions throughout the class. Everyone seemed to be very open and treat one another with respect and with that mutual bond we were able to have a very successful class this j-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment