Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Film Presentations and Guest Speakers

I really enjoyed today's class session. The film critques were very interesting and informative. Out of the two movies that were presented today I have only seen Chuck and Larry. When I saw that movie I only took it as a comedy and entertainment. But after critically looking in depth at the movie did I realize exactly what was hidden inside that movie that we may not normally notice. It gave me a new perspective on looking at movies, television, and media in general. As we have been discussing throughout our class periods, children and how the media targets and effects each of them. Just from this one movie it makes me wonder what I will be showing my future children.

Also the guest speakers from the Women's Center had a really good presentations. I thought it was very interesting and I enjoyed the discussion and activity. I thought the four "agree, disagree, unsure" opinionated questions were very thought provoking and interesting to think about. Those topics do come up, but I never thought of whether or not they were acceptable or not acceptable within our society. After thinking about each of those and determining where I stood I really liked discussing and hearing everyone's answers and getting difference opinions. I also like all the stats and myths that were given at the end of each of those opinionated thinking questions. The media clips were prime examples and were very clear on their hidden messages. I am looking forward to watching the super bowl in a few weeks and analysizing or critically looking at all the commercials.

Overall, I truly enjoyed this class period and the discussions that went along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment